- What can you visit nearby? / Itinerary
- The price includes
- The price does not include
Let yourself be carried away by the small streets of Sighisoara that are ready to show you the beauty and history of our country. Below, you will find some of the objectives that will delight you, waiting to wish you “Welcome to our home!”
- Sighisoara’s Citadel (Cetatea Sighisoarei) -For several centuries, Sighisoara was a military and political stronghold. During the 14th – 16th centuries, the Saxon craft guilds erected towers around the citadel walls to protect the town from Turkish raids. Laid out on two to four levels, the towers stored ammunition and food supplies and were provided with firing windows for cannons, shells and arrows. Of the original fourteen towers and five artillery bastions, nine towers and two bastions have survived the test of time.
- Medieval structures that have whistood the centuries include: Blacksmiths’ Tower (Turnul Fierarilor), Butchers’ Tower (Turnul Macelarilor), Cobblers’ Tower (Turnul Cizmarilor), Furriers’ Tower (Turnul Cojocarilor), Ropemakers’ Tower (Turnul Franghierilor), Tailors’ Tower (Turnul Croitorilor), Tanners’ Tower (Turnul Tabacarilor) and Tinsmiths’ Tower (Turnul Cositorilor).
The ninth tower still standing is the Clock Tower itself
- The Citadel Square (Piata Cetatii) -This quaint small square lies at the heart of the citadel. In the old days, street markets, craft fairs, public executions and witch trials were held here. From this square, you can easily access the main attractions of Sighisoara.
- The Clock Tower (Turnul cu Ceas) – The Clock Tower served as the gathering place for the City Council until 1556. Since 1899, it has housed the History Museum (see museum details). From the top of the Clock Tower, visitors can look down on the red-tiled roofs of the Old Town and see intact 16th century Saxon houses lining the narrow cobblestone streets.
- The Scholars’ Stairs (Școala Școlarilor) -Located at the end of School Street and connecting the Citadel Square with the Church on the Hill, the Scholars’ Stairs, or Schoolb.
- 2 nights accommodation, place in a double room
- 4- hour guided tour
More price options:
- From 115 euro/ person/ package, accommodation at 4 stars hotel ( ex. Hotel Central Park or similar)
- From 135 euro/ person/ package, accommodation at 5 stars hotel ( ex. Hotel Mercure Binderbubi Hotel And Spa or similar)
- lunch or dinner
- optional trips
- cancellation insurance
- any other service that it is not mentioned on price includes