- Piatra Craiului National Park
- Mountain villages
- Tour type: Small Group
- Duration: 3 Days
- Start point: Brasov
- End point: Brasov
- No. of participants: group of 2 - 10 persons
- Price: 99 Eur/2-10 persons
The price includes
- transportation Brasov - Zarnesti (the main gate to the National Park) - Brasov
- licensed English speaking mountain guide
The price does not include
- accommodation in twin or four beds room, with share facilities (only to the mountain hut: toilette and sink, only cold water)
- to a local guesthouse and/or to a mountain hut (about 10 euro per night)
- breakfast (about 3 euro per day)
- lunch pack and dinner (about 12 euro per day), drinks
- We walk through authentic mountain villages at the bottom of Piatra Craiului National Park – eg. Magura, Pestera, Sirnea, Ciocanu, Dambovicioara – with a short stop for a soup at the oldest guesthouse in the National Park – Casa Folea!
- Probably we spend our first night at a guesthouse in Sirnea – the first touristic village in Romania!
- Second night – probably at the former hunting house on Ivan’s Valley (they do not serve food so we have to carry it with us). Before that we made a stop at a very nice guesthouse on Dambovita valley for a traditional Romanian lunch: meet balls soup, “sarmale” with polenta and of course hot red wine (depending of the menu)!
- We end, probably, the tour at Plaiul Foii chalet.
- The trekk is a medium one (depending of the snow level) and we walk between 5 – 8 hours per day!
What do I need to bring with me
- The basic equipment needed for a mountain trip during summer time:
- 40-60 litre backpack, chosen according to the tour type.
- Mountain boots covering your ankles; 2 additional pairs of socks.
- Rain wear, jacket and pants. I recommend you to have the jacket and pants, so you will be protected from rain and windy weather. A rain poncho will do too, but only if there are no windy conditions outside.Cap, gloves, sunglasses and sunscreen. I strongly advise you to carry a cap and gloves with you - even during the summer season – because it could be quite cold at altitudes over 1700 m.
- Warm clothes. One or two Polartec/Fleece sweaters.
- Compulsory equipment: waterproof hiking boots and clothes, warm clothes, gaiters, sun glasses, gloves, hut, we carry the luggage for 3 days, so a 50-60 l day pack.