Saxon Towns of Transylvania – 4 days
- You will visit 4 amazing cities Sibiu, Sighisoara, Curtea de Arges and Brasov
- You will have the opportunity to explore Bran Castle, Peles Castle, Curtea de Arges Monastery and Sinaia Monastery
- You will travel to some of the most beautiful villages in Romania, like Viscri and Biertan Village
- You will have the chance to cross one of the most amazing roads in the world, Transfagarasan
- General description
- The price includes
- The price does not include
Roll back the time, discovering the major towns founded by the Saxons seven hundred years ago.
The first leg will take you directly to Sinaia, the winter resort first built for the Romanian Royalties and high society at the end of the 19th century. Visit the 17th century Sinaia Monastery and the Peles National Museum, a fairy tale-like castle which used to be the summer residence of the Royal Family of Romania. In the afternoon, you will go to ”Dracula’s Castle”, as the historic Bran Castle is widely advertised. You will see what is the connection between Bram Stoker, the castle and Vlad the Impaler.
You will overnight in Brasov, second day visiting for a couple of hours the Black Church, the Slope Street, the Council Square. After lunch, you leave towards Viscri, a picturesque and almost untouched Saxon village, a favorite of Prince Charles of Great Britain. Here, it will be easier for you to see the difference between present day Romania and the times of Vlad the Impaler. You continue your journey to Sighisoara, Dracula’s Birthplace, where you will visit the town, including the cemetery and the Clock Tower.
On the third day you continue the trip to Sibiu, stopping in Biertan Village to see the only fortified church with all three defensive wall well kept since centuries ago. Of course you may try opening the door of vestry, protected by nineteen lockers, one of the most sophisticated door locker in Europe. Arriving in Sibiu you will discover the Gothic secrets of this apparently Baroque city, former Cultural Capital of Europe in 2007.
The fourth day will take you over the Carpathians on what BBC’s Top Gear called ”the best road in the world”, the scenic Transfagarasan. Stop in Curtea de Arges, visiting the Cathedral where are burried frist three kings of Romania.
- Pick-up your car (fully tanked) and departure from Bucharest; Driving towards Sinaia, visit to Peles Castle and Sinaia Monastery; Stop at Bran village to visit Dracula’s Castle; Arrival in Brasov and check-in at 4* hotel (Krownell Hotel or similar); Optional dinner at a traditional restaurant;
- Breakfast at hotel, then sightseeing in Brasov;
- Driving towards Sighisoara; on the way, stop in Viscri village;
- Arrival in Sighisoara; check-in at 5* hotel (Binderbubi Hotel or similar);
- Optional lunch in Sighisoara;
- Sightseeing in Sighisoara;
- Optional dinner at hotel’s restaurant.
- Breakfast at hotel;
- Leaving Sighisoara, heading to Sibiu; on the way stop in Biertan Village to visit The Fortified Church;
- Arrival in Sibiu and check-in at 4* hotel (Golden Tulip Hotel or similar);
- Optional lunch, then sightseeing in Sibiu;
- Optional traditional dinner in Sibiu.
- Breakfast at hotel;
- Leaving Sibiu, heading to Curtea de Arges on Transfagarasan road;
- Visit the Curtea de Arges Monastery, then leaving to Bucharest;
- Return your car (fully tanked) in Bucharest (Airport).
- car rental for 4 days;
- road taxes, car insurances, VAT, airport service fee;
- 3 nights accommodation in a double/triple room with breakfast complementary;
- guiding package (free maps, brochures);
- 24/7 emergency assistance.
- From 398 euro for group of 1-2 people, with small size car
- From636 euro for group of 3-4 people, with small size car
- From 418 euro for group of 1-2 people, with medium size car
- From 656 euro for group of 3-4 people, with medium size car
- From 438 euro for group of 1-2 people, with large car
- From 676 euro for group of 3-4 people, with large car
- Small size cars: Mazda 2, Peugeot 207, Peugeot 208, Ford Fiesta or similar;
- Medium size cars: Ford Focus Sedan, Renault Megane (Automat), VW Golf VI, Renault Captur, Dacia Logan, Citroen C4 or similar;
- Large size cars: Skoda Octavia, Toyota Avensis, Opel Insignia, Dacia Duster, Hyundai iX35, Ford Kuga, Chevrolet Orlando (5+2 seats), Opel Zafira (5+2 seats) or similar;
- 4×4 SUV cars: Dacia Duster, Ford Kuga or similar;
- Premium Automatic cars: BMW 116d, BMW 316d, Audi A5 Sportback, BMW X1 xDrive
Upgrade your package:
- English speaking driver-guide: 300 EUR/trip
- guaranteed 4×4 SUV car (valid for Large cars only): 5 EUR/day
- Premium Automatic car (valid for Large cars only): 15 EUR/day
- airline tickets to/from Romania
- car fuel and parking fees;
- entry and photo fees;
- meals (lunch and dinner)